Monday, October 27, 2008
6. Leisure activities are enjoyable too. It makes you burn some calories but is not advised as a principal or main activity if your goal is weight reduction or improvement of cardiovascular endurance.
7. To make leisure activities or strength and flexibility activities effective for health, they have to be done often: at least 2-3 times a week 3—45 minutes or longer.
8. Activities that will burn the least calories should be avoided.
9. You will feel better, look younger, maintain healthy weight & live longer with regular physical activities.
10. No one is too old to enjoy the benefits of regular physical activities.
11. Talk to your doctor if you have any health concerns before starting any physical activity.
Monday, October 20, 2008
1. For the beginners the amount of cumulative activity time is more important than the specific type and manner of activity.
2. Everyday physical activity counts. Weaving in more activities into your daily routines make you metabolically efficient. Day to day activities are cheap, convenient, easy-to-do and should be done habitually.
3. To improve your cardiovascular endurance, yo can choose to do aerobic exercises 3-5 times a week at least 30-45 minutes or longer a day. Doing it regularly also helps you lose and/ or prevent weight gain.
4. Recreational activities are not only enjoyable but also healthy. If done regularly it can help you improve your physical fitness level.
5. Strength and flexibility activities are important for muscle toning. It also helps you burn some excess fat if you do it often together with other activities.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Exercise makes you feel good! Each time you are active, you are letting yourself know that you are making positive changes. This improves confidence and gives you a boost that can carry over to your eating plan. In addition, many people exercise to relieve stress. If you are eating to relieve stress, exercise may do the same thing, but will burn rather than add calories.
Correlates with long term success
Exercise is the factor which best predicts who will lose weight and keep it off. If people are followed a year or more after a weight-loss program, those who are exercising tend to be the ones who keep the weight off. Furthermore, those individuals who are physically active on a regular basis typically do better in keeping their weight off than those who simply restrict their calorie intake.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Eating less and losing weight slow down your metabolism. This is bad news because your body then uses less energy (calories) for basic functions at a time when you want to burn more calories. Exercise speeds up the metabolism, although the degree and duration of this increase are subject to debate. Exercising and eating less may help offset this drop in metabolic rate.
CCN is an Amino Acid “Bomb” It delivers a concentrated and complete supply of all the 20 Amino Acids n...
MYSTERY OF EARTH’S MAGNETIC FIELD Magnetic field produced by God to protect the planet earth and every living thing in the air and o...
Mother's Garden: A One Stop Shop For All Things Healthful by Trix Deseo posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 The directions printed on th...
Pinoy Laughter Yoga is a Filipinized version of Dr. Madan Kataria's brainchild, Lughter Yoga. The concept behind it is laughing witho...
Have You Noticed How So Many People Are Getting Sick? It’s frightening. Heart disease. Diabetes. Hypertension. Ulcers. Art...
Are you looking for a healthy breakfast for your family? Try this Cashew, arugula basil paté combined with your favorite bread or crack...
It's frightening. Heart disease. Diabetes. Hypertension. Ulcers. Arthritis. Goodness, even Cancer is getting very comm...
GUYABANO TEA FOR CANCER, DIABETES, ARTHRITIS AND OTHER INFLAMMATORY DISEASES. - Credit to Ms. Reyes. By: Cancer Community ...
Empire Boxing Gym: Where Fitness Reigns Supreme by Beatriz Acosta Before my first boxing session at Empire Boxing Gym in Legazpi Vil...
In line with its mission to promote healthy living Sugarleaf…foods that nourish recently partnered with the Organic Certification Center o...